REPORTS TO: CEO
JOB PURPOSE: This is a high profile, client facing position where client satisfaction and maintaining high quality standards are a priority. The manager will lead a team of Support Engineers and Logistics employees to ensure project implementations and client support are meeting or exceeding company and client expectations. The Support Manager is also responsible for managing ACF’s cloud environment and for renewal and maintenance of accreditations and certifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead a team of Support Engineers to ensure support services are meeting or exceeding company maintenance agreements.
- Management of the Logistics department to ensure that inventory, shipping, and receiving meet or exceed company standards.
- Obtain and maintain all necessary accreditations and certifications required for customer contracts
- Manage ACF cloud environment
- Develop, maintain, and routinely assess departmental standards for the configuration, installation and support of software products.
- Define key performance indexes (KPI’s) and develop a reporting methodology in a management dashboard format.
- Act as a technical point of escalation for internal and external clients.
- Act as the lead with client IT and/or MIS departments and vendors on network architecture, system fail over or other technical system design discussions.
- Collaborate with departments to ensure transfers of responsibilities (hand-off) are completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Team member responsibilities
- Lead training sessions for new employees
- Conduct employee reviews annually.
- Maintain open lines of communication throughout the year to continually develop employees
- Maintain KPI’s on team members
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to conduct a complete implementation project
- Ability to install and configure applications on servers and devices/hardware, configure system networks, and work within a client’s infrastructure to complete installations.
- Continually monitor and assess products, processes, and the use of internal tools (i.e. support software, knowledge base, etc.) Review these assessments with the appropriate internal resources.
Required Experience, Competencies and Education
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or a technically related field or 3+ years equivalent related work experience in a managerial role of multi-site software services environment.
- Two or more years experience in managing a team of employees
- Two or more years experience in logistics and inventory management
- Advanced level of deploying and supporting Microsoft Windows platforms, SQL, IIS server and associated networked systems
- Detailed knowledge of network protocols/architecture (TCP/IP, IP routing, VLAN) and their relevant security issues
- Expertise in client/server networking environments and best practices, experience working with hardware vendors and a strong understanding of networking aspects, TCP/IP, Microsoft Windows Suite, SQL, managed switched (Cisco, etc.)
- Experience configuring, setting up, and debugging PC-based and Web-Based system
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptive to the changing needs of the organization
- Experience managing cloud-based servers
- Certifications in MCSE or MCSA
- SQL/Scripting/Reporting Engines/XML/Analytics (SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS))
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Ability to obtain military security clearance
Valid driver’s license